CONSTITUTION OF THE GOD’S LOVEINTERNATIONAL/ GOD’S LOVE COMMNUITY CHURCH OF DEER PARK Revised 20201010
“YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.” Matthew 22:37
'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' Matthew 22:39
“though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ” I Corinthians 12:12-27
“Let all things be done decently and in order.” I Corinthians 14:40
“Let all things be done with love.” I Corinthians 16:14
“Let all things be done unto edifying.” I Corinthians 14:26
“Do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.” Colossians 3:17
Resting our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and believing in the teaching and practices of the New Testament, we band ourselves together as a body of believers. We do hereby adopt, ordain, and establish for our government and plan of worship and service, the following declaration of faith covenant, constitution, and by-laws to which we voluntarily submit ourselves:
ARTICLE I. Name
The name of this organization shall be the God’s Love International a Non-Profit AND / God’s Love Community Church of Deer Park. The Non-Profit is the parent company of the church. The church is a denominationally unrelated, independent, fundamental, Bible Church, and shall remain as such.
ARTICLE II. Purpose
The purpose of this organization shall be to institute and maintain a testimony to our Lord Jesus Christ; to reach the unsaved through the preaching and teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ at home and aboard; to administer the Word for the edification of believers; and to provide a center for Christian fellowship and the worship of Almighty God.
ARTICLE III. DOCTRINE
We recognize the clear teachings of the Scriptures, and trust in them as our only source for authority for all beliefs and practices. We therefore subscribe to the following doctrinal statement:
1) The Holy Scripture
We believe in the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writings, infallible and God-breathed. (II Timothy 3:16, 17, II Peter 1:20, 21)
2) The Godhead
We believe in one Quadune, God, eternally existing in four persons—Father, Son, Holy Spirit and the Church—co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections. (Deuteronomy 6:4, II Corinthians 13:14, Mathew 28:19. 1 Cor 12:12-27)
3) God the Father
We is the eternal Father, Father of all created thing, He is the Lord, King of King and eternally in Heaven sharing His love with all. (Gen 1:1-Gen 2:3, Ex 20:1-11, Deut 6:4-8. 1 John 4:7-19)
4) The Person and Work of Christ
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the Virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men. (John 1:1, 2, 12, 14, Luke 28:19)
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross as a representative, vicarious, substitution sacrifice; and that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead. (Romans 3:24-26; I Peter 2:24, Ephesians 1:7, I Peter 1:3-5)
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God, where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of representative, intercessor, and advocate. (Acts 1:9, 11, Hebrews 9:24, Hebrews 7:25, Romans 8:34, I John 2:1, 2)
5) The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit
We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; and that He is the Supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, in dwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption. (John 16:8-11, II Corinthians 3:6, I Corinthians 12:12-14, Romans 8:9, Ephesians 5:18)
We believe that He is the Divine Teacher who guides believers into all truth; and that it is the privilege and duty of all the saved to be filled with the Spirit. (John 16:13, I John 2:20, 27, Ephesians 5:18)
6) The Church
We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ and we are one with the God Head, (1 Corinthians 12:12-27, 1 John 4:16, John 14:31, John 15:1-17).
A) We believe that the Church, which is the body and bride of Christ, is a spiritual organism made up of all born again persons of this age of Grace. (Ephesians 5:25-27, I Corinthians 12:12-14, II Corinthians 11:2)
B) We believe that the establishment and continuance of local churches is clearly taught and defined by the New Testament Scriptures. Acts 14:27, Acts 20:17, Acts 28:31, I Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:5-11)
C) We believe in the self-government of local churches, free of any external authority or control. (Acts 20:28, Romans 16:1-4, I Corinthians 3:9-16, I Corinthians 5:4-7, 13, I Peter 5:1-4)
D) We recognize the ordinances of water baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper as a Scriptural means of testimony for the church in this age. These are privileges for believers only. (Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 2:41-42, Acts 18:8, Mathew 3:16, I Corinthians 11:23-26)
7) The Total Depravity of Man
We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam’s sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God; and that man is totally depraved, and of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition. (Genesis 1:26-27; Romans 3:22-23; Romans 5:12; Ephesians 2:1-3, 12)
We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins. (Ephesians 2:8-10, John 1:12, Ephesians 1:7, I Peter 1:18-19)
We believe that it is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation through the testimony of God’s Word. God’s word clearly forbids the use of Christian liberty as an occasion to sin. (Romans 13:13-14, Galatians 5:13, Titus 2:11-15)
9) The Two Natures of the Believer
We believe that every saved person possess two natures, with provision made for victory of the new nature over the old nature through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit, and that only through the Holy Spirit may the eradication of the old nature be made. (Romans 6:13; Romans 8:12-13; Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 4:22-24, Colossians 3:10, I Peter 1:14-16, I John 3:5-9)
We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord, and that separation from all religious apostasy, all worldly and sinful pleasures, practices and associations is commanded of God. ( II Timothy 3:1-5, Romans 12:1-2, Romans 14:13, I John 2:15-17, II John 1:9-11, II Corinthians 6:16-17)
We believe that it is the obligation of the saved to witness by life and by word to the truths of Holy Scripture and to seek to proclaim the Gospel to all mankind. (Mark 16: 15-16, II Corinthians 5:14-20, Matthew 28:19-20)
12) The Ministry and Spiritual Gifts
A) We believe that God is sovereign in the bestowment of all His gifts; and that the gifts of evangelists, pastors, and teachers are sufficient for the perfecting of the saints today.
B) We do allow the practice the speaking of tongues as sign gifts to edifying of believers. (I Corinthians 13:4-11, I Corinthians 14:1-28, II Corinthians 12:12, Ephesians 4:7-12)
C) We believe that it is the privilege and responsibility of every believer to minister according to the gift and grace of God that is given to him. (Such as the gifts of helps, giving and serving.) (I Peter 4:10-11)
D) We believe that God does hear and answer the prayer of faith in accord with His own will, for the sick and afflicted. (John 15:7, I John 5:14-15, James 5:14-16)
We believe that the Scriptures understood in their natural, literal sense reveal divinely determined rules of life, which define man’s responsibilities in successive ages. These dispensations are not ways of salvation, but rather divinely ordered stewardships by which God directs man according to his purpose. Three of these: age of law, the age of the Church, and the age of the millennial kingdom, are the subjects of detailed revelation in Scripture. (John 1:17, I Corinthians 9:17, II Corinthians 3:9-18, Galatians 3:13-25, Ephesians 1:10, 3:2-10, Colossians 1:24-25, Hebrews 7:19, Revelation 20:2-6)
14) The Personality of Satan
We believe that Satan is a person, the author of sin and the cause of the fall. He is the open and declared enemy of God and man. He will be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire. (Job 1:6-7, Isaiah 14:12-17, Matthew 4:2-11, 25:41, Revelation 20:10)
15) The Eternal State
A) We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to judgment and temportary punishment. (Matthew 25:46, John 5:28-29, 11:25-26, Revelation 20:5-6, 12-13)
B) We believe that the souls of the redeemed are: at death, absent from the body and the present with the Lord, where in conscious bliss they await the first resurrection, when the spirit soul and body are reunited to be glorified forever with the Lord. (Luke 23:43. Revelation 20:4-6, II Corinthians 5:8, Philippians 1:23, I Thessalonians 4:16-17)
C) We believe that the souls of unbelievers remain, after death, in conscious misery until the second resurrection, when with the soul and body reunited they shall appear at the Great White Throne judgment, and shall be given the choice of an eternal life with Christ or cast into the Lake of Fire, not to be annihilated, but to suffer everlasting conscious punishment. (Luke 16:19-28, Mathew 25:41-46, II Thessalonians 1:7-9, Jude 1:6-7, Mark 9:48, Revelation 20:11-15).
ARTCILE IV. COVENANT
1) Having received the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, and on profession of our faith, we do now in the presence of God and this assembly enters into a covenant with one another, as one body of Christ.
2) We purpose by the power of the Holy Spirit to walk together in Christian love. To strive for the advancement of this Church in knowledge, holiness, and upholding one another. To promote its growth in spirituality. To sustain its worship: ordinances, discipline and doctrine, to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of its ministry, and to work together in its effort to spread the Gospel to all.
3) We will endeavor to maintain family and personal devotions; to train our children in the fear and admonition of the Lord; to seek the salvation of our friends and loved ones; to walk carefully before the world; to be just in our dealings, and exemplary in our behavior, and zealous in our efforts to advance the work of the Gospel.
4) We will seek to watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember each other in prayer; to aid one another in times of sickness and distress; to be slow to take offense, but always ready to reconciliation.
5) We purpose when we remove from this assembly. We will as soon as possible unite with another church of “like precious faith” where we can carry out the spirit and principles of God’s Word.
ARTICLE V. MEMBERSHIP
1) Any person who has accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as his or her own personal Savior and gives assurance of a desire to live a consistent Christian life, and who will subscribe to the doctorial statement, purpose and government of this church shall be eligible for membership.
2) Members are expected to consistently live according to the light revealed to them by the Holy Spirit from the Word of God, to wholeheartedly support the services and activities of the church, to contribute to its material support, as the Lord shall prosper them, and to submit to the discipline of the church. ( Matthew 18:15-17, Galatians 6:1)
3) Members of the Non-Profit are outline in the Article – of –Incorporation of God’s Love International.
4) While any person is welcome to attend the services of this church, the privilege of holding office, of voting or having a voice in a congregational meeting shall be limited to members on the active roll, at the age of eighteen years and above.
ARTICLE VI. GOVERNMENT
1) The government of this church is vested in its membership, executed through its regularly elected Board of Board of Directors of God’s Love International (the parent corporation).
A) The Board of Directors’ meeting shall be held monthly; open to members, except on disciplinary matters.
2) There shall be elected by the church membership as officers of this church no less than 100% of the church membership, as Elders, who together with the Senior Pastor as ex officio chairman/ President, shall constitute the Board of Directors .
3) The examination of candidates for membership, discipline, appropriation of all monies and supervision of sub-organizations shall be vested in the Board of Directors , except as otherwise provided in the Constitution. The Board of Directors shall not float any loan, encumber with mortgage, buy, sell, or transfer any real estate, or major purchases except by authorization of the Full and 100% vote of the Board of Directors.
4) A fiscal year of this church shall end on the calendar year of each year. The election of officers shall be held in March, notice having been given at the regular services four Sundays preceding the said meeting. At this meeting shall occur the reading of minutes of previous meeting, annual reports, election of officers, and other necessary business. The active members present shall constitute a quorum and a majority vote shall be sufficient to render final decision on all matters except as otherwise provided herein.
A) Each member eighteen years of age or over and shall have one vote There shall be no proxy or absentee voting. All voting shall be by ballot.
5) The church membership shall elect a nominating committee of five, two of which shall be members of the Board of Directors, including the Senior Pastor as ex officio member, four weeks prior to the annual meeting.
6) In the conduct of business meetings, the latest edition of the Roberts Rules of Order shall decide any parliamentary questions not covered by this Constitution.
7) Order of business meeting
A) Call to order
B) Opening Prayer
C) Reading of Minutes
D) Reports of officers, boards and committees
E) Reports of special committees
F) Unfinished and old business
G) New business
H) Elections (when necessary)
J) Closing Prayer
8) The church shall have a Policy Book consisting of action of the Board of Directors setting up precedents.
ARTICLE VII. OFFICERS
1) Of the first Board of Directors elected, two shall be designated for a term of one (1) year, two (2) for a term of two years, one for a term of three (3) years. The method of designation shall be by lot at the first meeting of the Board of Directors . Thereafter Directors(s) shall be elected annually for a term of three (3) years. An Elder, having severed a three year term, must automatically retire for a one (1) year period, if not otherwise directed by the Board of Directors.
2) The Board of Directors shall elect from among themselves a Clerk and a Treasurer. The Board shall meet monthly, if possible, and three Directors at a meeting shall constitute a quorum. Special meetings maybe called at anytime by the Pastor, or upon the request of two Directors.
3) The Clerk shall keep all church records, minutes of all business transacted at congressional and board meetings, shall secure after each annual meeting the signatures of each member of the Board of Directors to the Constitution of the church indicating their agreement therewith and shall perform such other duties as may pertain to his office. They shall also make a report to the Secretary of State of Washington yearly.
4) The Treasurer shall hold and disburse at the order of the Board it directs all funds of the church, making monthly report to the congregation. The Treasurer shall submit the churches finical records for audit annually.
5) The Senior Pastor shall be called by a 100% vote of the members of the church present at any meeting regularly called for a purpose. He shall subscribe annually to the doctrinal standards and constitution of the church. The qualifications of the pastor must be in accordance with 1Timothy 3:1-7. He shall set as chairman of all meetings of the Board of Directors and the congregation, and shall be ex officio member of all committees. Either party may dissolve the Pastoral relationship by giving thirty days’ notice in writing.
6) The Directors shall be responsible, with the Senior Pastor, for the spiritual welfare of the church; they shall assist in ministering the sacraments of the church and shall make the necessary provisions for it. They shall be expected to visit the sick and sorrowing of the membership, investigate delinquents and endeavor to remedy any spiritual weakness in the lives of its members. They shall faithful perform all other duties designated by this Constitution or pertaining to their office. They shall endeavor by God’s grace to live and serve in full conformity with the standards set forth in the Constitution for their particular office, and as found in the Word of God. (I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9)
7) The Board of Directors shall constitute the Board of Trustees of this church and shall entrust with such responsibilities as civil law assigns to their office.
8) The Sunday School Superintendent shall perform the duties usually performed by one in this office. The Superintendent shall be subject to the pastor and the Board of Directors in matters pertaining to the Sunday school management and its teaching staff. The Board of Directors shall appoint the Superintendent annually at the beginning of the church years.
9) All Board Members and Youth Ministry members are subject to back ground clearance.
ARTICLE VIII. FINACES
1) This church is organized on the conviction of Philippians 4:19. The Lord’s people should support the Lord’s work, hence only means of freewill offering shall be used to defray the expenses in connection with the carrying on of this work. No commercialism or any other questionable means of raising money shall ever be permitted.
2) All needs of this work are to be laid before the Lord in earnest, believing prayer. As He has planted this work we look to him to maintain it, hence full expression of all needs, with all necessary explanations, shall be made to the people. There shall be strict accounts of all funds handled, with regular report made of all receipts and disbursements. The most efficient business methods possible shall be employed in the handling of funds.
3) Two or more officer must be present at the counting and posting of all gifts and offerings.
ARTICLE IX. ORDINACES
1) We recognize and practice two ordinances; namely the Lord’s Super and baptism. We believe both these privileges are for those whom desire to be one with the body of Christ.
2) The Lord’s Super shall be observed every Sunday or by the Board of Directors Announcement. I tmust always be proceeded by a Love feast, per our Lord and Saviors direction, (Mt. 26:17–30, Mk. 14:12–26, Lk. 22:7–39 and Jn. 13:1–17:26). Announcement shall be made one week previous to the observance. Its administration shall be charge of the Pastors and the Directors. (I Corinthians 11:23-34)
3) We believe in water baptism by immersion of all believers. (Acts 8:12, Matthew 3:16, 28:19-20)
ARTICLE X. ORDINATION
1) Any member or friend of the church who, in the judgment of the church, gives evidence by their Christian life, zeal, and aptness to teach and having been called of God to work in the ministry, after having preached in the hearing of the church; may be given a license to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, provided 100% of the members present and voting at any regular or called meeting agree thereto.
2) If the church upon 100% affirmative vote of the members present and voting at a regular or called meeting, decided that a preacher possess the scriptural qualification and training for full ordination it shall call a council of ministries and lay members to examine the candidate to which council the propriety of ordinance shall be referred. After receiving a favorable report from the council, the church shall consider the time and place for the ordination service.
ARTICLE XI. AMENDMENTS
This Constitution may be amended by 100% vote of the voting members present and voting at any regular or special meeting, provided the proposed amendment has been read to the congregation at each regular morning or evening church service for the two Sundays preceding the said meeting, and provided an exact copy of the proposed amendment has been posted conspicuously in the church on the two Sundays immediately preceding said meeting, or by proclamation of God to the Board of Directors with 100% of all Board of Directors acknowledgement that God is calling us to change this constitution.
ARTICLE XII. DISSOLUTION
If this corporation is dissolved all parties of said corporation shall be divided equally between American Missionary Fellowship and Northwest Independent Church Extension.